Greek Manpower Employment Organization (OAED)
On the Greek Manpower Employment Organization (known as OAED), we implemented the Project entitled "Upgrading Systems and applications." The project was a series of interventions on the OAED schemes aimed at:
- Improving digital documents monitoring and automation of the operations through the implementation of e-application protocol.
- Integration of digital signatures when issuing and electronic distribution of documents.
- Design and implementation of specialized web based workflow system for automation and implementation of both existing and new acceding to the procedures OAED scope.
- Design and implementation of document management system supporting the Characterization of files to be digitized and those already available in electronic form and introducing a central "library" file, which will be utilized by the knowledge management tool for the Organization.
- Design and development of dedicated tool to manage all forms of knowledge of the Organization and employees, which can be transferred individually to the right users the right information at the right time and in the appropriate format. Following the course: description required knowledge - Collecting knowledge - knowledge codification - organizational breakdown, the tool supports with all possible search form identifying information, and the extraction of parallel by multiple users. Additionally, the tool is able to manage multiple versions of a document, providing the latest information and will provide a permanent renewal of information, and disseminate this to the involved users.
- Implement safety study of functioning of information systems, electronic transactions with citizens and interconnections with other operators and applications, with the adoption and use of safety standards and secure connection protocols and cryptography, single access point in the functioning of the Organization applications (single sign login) .
- Adoption of the internet portal for tablet-type devices and smart phones (Android, iOS, etc.).
- Automation and internal information,
- Expansion and ensuring interoperability between the body systems and other platforms,
- Support the implementation of new structures and processes.
- Implementation of a series of improvements to the Portal and the IIS of the organization will allow better and more fully both to employers and to jobseekers.
The portal is accessed daily by more than 5000 individual users, and the other applications by 2000 internal users.
Subsequently, we analyse extensively the subsystem of Portal.
The architectural design of the Portal, and to all the applications in such a way as to ensure:
- Secure user interface, user groups and / or remote networks
- Reliability and high performance.
- Scalability and investment protection so future can satisfy a greater number of users or applications and to integrate and assimilate new technologies.
- Flexibility to provide unhindered services to increase the burden moments or when problems arise in systems or network devices.
The architecture creates an enhanced network node digital services, incorporating third party systems to provide uniform access to high value-added and high-quality information services. This site follows international best practices, technologies and frameworks that work together seamlessly to provide an integrated system with high standards of security, availability, performance, maintainability, adaptability and scalability.
The proposed system follows the now well-established practices and standards, such as the adoption of open modular (modular) multi-layered (n-tier) architecture, the web 2.0 technologies and mobile, the cloud architecture. Particular attention is also given to the use of open source software and open standards to ensure the independence from a specific manufacturer (vendor lock-ins), the scalability of the system and synergies with third party applications.
The system applies the most modern and internationally-used methods for creating rich interface UI, while maintaining the simplicity and efficiency of use. Libraries such as Alloy UI based on Yahoo YUI, the jQuery / jQuery UI, frameworks such as Vaadin, Flex, Icefaces, etc., allow creating rich applications which allow rapid execution of operations such as storage in real time operations, even in non-final registration form, send the form data to the system without the need to fully reload the page dynamic content insertion into the page, and more.
To ensure access by persons with disabilities throughout the offered online services and e-content of the Internet platform and project applications built the online platform and web services fully comply with controllable Accessibility Guidelines Web Content version 2.0 at least "AA" level (WCAG 2.0 level AA). To that end, specific methodologies and guidelines established by international organizations such as the W3C (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0) related to the development environment accessible to applications and services.
The gateway implemented in this project using the network Liferay platform, meets inter alia the following:
- It is easy to use and understand, provide homogeneous presentation of high quality and design based on specific, approved by the body design surfaces models and corresponding interfaces and presents the content in a dynamic way.
- It has no requirement for systems customer (client) to integrate business logic on the server functions (server), in order to access all the system functions offered through a simple browser (Web browser) by the end user
- It is based on open standards
- based on object-oriented and multi-level architecture design and organization structures.
- It has the ability to configure and subsequent review of the portal content by the operator content managers without special computer skills required.
- It allows the transparent integration of individual applications. The contents of all system applications presented to users as part of dynamic pages of the portal.
- It has integrated environment management of daily operation of the internal gate.
- It provides easy access for all, with special attention to the access of portal content from vulnerable population groups in accordance with the specifications of the W3 Consortium. Also, full compliance with WCAG 2.0 guidelines, level AA.
- It features multiple language support (at least Greek and English) with the possibility of adding other translations.
- It provides ability to create potential user accounts
- allows the presentation of links (hyperlinks) that lead to related topics Websites
- It has mechanisms flexible search the content (multiple, structured and unstructured sources) of the gate based on multiple criteria information (keywords, text, date, etc.).
- providing interactive functions with users with features such as on-line registration, profiling and identification of visitors, on-line communication using electronic forms completed by users to submit questions or request information, etc.
- It has a map of the site (site map), which will be dynamically updated whenever new content is introduced.
The system supports the creation of applications versions that can work on laptops, tablets, s